Monday, April 13, 2009

Day One

I have decided to share my journey through life with living with chronic fatigue syndrome. The good the bad and the ugly! I have just recently been diagnosed, but have been living with symptome for several years. I was just told I got sick easily. I started to wonder why the same symptoms kept returning over and over. I also wondered why I would feel sick for such long periods of time. I felt like a guinea pig...test after test after test! I never gave up. I had to have an answer.
I am finally going to see a Dr in NYC who seems to have success helping people live with and move onto feeling better. I am very hopeful :)
I am very grateful to have a very supportive mom. Even though I am 42 and she is 78 I realize how much we always need our moms! My husband does the best he can and gets better with time. I am also blessed with a very strong brother who pushes me and a sister who gives good long distance support. My two cats provide awesome bedside(actually in bed) support!
I don't want this to be a "wo is me" post, but an outlet and maybe give hope for others like me.
I am sure I am worse and better off than many. I am grateful for sooo much. I feel good just putting my thoughts out there!
I do notice one thing for sure. People are really busy these days. You need to be your own motivator! I always thought of myself as having a big circle of friends. It gets smaller over time.
The smaller it gets the stronger I must be for myself. I have no kids of my own, but about 7 that are 16 and up that I used to work with and adore! Frankly I don't know what I would do with out them.
I am loving these longer days of spring and am sooooo ready for summer. Everything is better in the summer. The beach is my home away from home. My church. My gym. My calm in the storm. Needless to say I LOVE IT!!! When I(we) retire I want to live somewhere that's a slower pace and as near to the ocean spray as possible. I have a distinct vision of my "happy place".
Time to have some dinner and then retire to some cheesy novel. I was a serious reader of quality non- fiction for a long time. I find thought when you are feeling under the weather that "cheese" is the way to go. British chick lit is he current choice and I am not ashamed :)
Let's hope for a good night sleep as that is the key to starting the day right. That and a kitty or two greeting me with that smelly kitten chow breath.....:wake up and play mama!"

No comments:

Post a Comment